Alright, we thought of featuring men’s pain. (We believe in equality, you see) Check this out! 16 men revealed why their life sucks being a man!
1. I believe, if I would be a woman, my soft nature would be appreciated. My love for a man would not have to be justified and I could have have given birth to a life, which is the most powerful aspect of a woman’s life.
-Sudip Dey, Creative Writer
2. Long hair. -Piyush Saini
- I (Man) have to approach to a woman most of the times, even though I know the interest is from the other side too.
- I can’t show my emotional side much.
- Two close males friends are often called a coupled…Meh! Doesn’t happen with women, I believe.
- In India, you have rape laws for women, not for men!
- Dowry law is too biased.. (India specific)..
- Male toilets are usually dirty, stinky. Bad bad bad!
- Getting an apartment in India for bachelor males is a pain.
- Stag entry is another stress.
- I will always pay for myself and the girl on a date. If I don’t, people will call me cheap! (India specific though). Chivalry is one sided!
- Friend zone 😀
- Getting less Facebook likes and comments .
- Even after passing the stag entry barrier, all you see is dudes everywhere in India 😀
-Neelesh Rangwani, Founder at Wishup
4. Being an MBA aspirant, I think I could have really done well if I were a woman, as girls are usually given marks for gender diversity and many of my friends have gotten through due to that slight advantage. Why it sucks being a man is, if a guy likes a girl and pursues her, he is sometimes branded as desperate…and also it is a guy who is always supposed to make a move on the girl, girls being shy many a times expect the guy to make the first move. -Anonymous
- Options to gift a women are much higher than for a man.
- Women can cry and get off challans easily.
- Free drinks, free entry to lounges (humne kya paap kiye hain)?
- People treat us rudely and cabs don’t stop for us.
- We have to deal with zippers!
-Kabeer Bhatia, Founder at Giftona
6. I would say girls have it easy flouting traffic norms.
No traffic police ever stops a car driven by a woman on Saturday night 😉 I remember back in Delhi, I would always prefer being dropped home by a girl on a Saturday night. I felt more safe! -Anindya Kumar Panda, Associate, Darashaw & Company Pvt. Ltd.
10. If you talk about this society then I believe that today I cannot feel pain. Even if you say that society has accepted to some extent that men do cry or feel pain too, I don’t readily agree with this because only 20% at max. may have accepted the fact. If I’m a boy/man, then I am going to be a strong person and be “Ghar ka Chirag”. I believe in equality too and that’s why I never let my mom declare my sister to be a weakling or dependent. That reminds me that men cannot be dependent as well.
13. In my opinion there are many thins that sucks being a MAN. We are supposed to be strong, hard, rough, emotionless, bread earners, monotonous and weight bearers! We can not express our emotions, cant even cry when we want to!! We have to maintain the pride of the family (by earning huge and working endlessly). We are not supposed to get tired while working or lifting anything.
- Women get options everywhere..!! So much options to dress and for us it’s like trousers and shirt that’s it!
- Friendzone: A word which is a big problem for the guys but girls never have to deal with such a scenario.
-Jatin Singh, PR Manager, FDDI
15. Men have more chances to die at work rather than women. We get abused, insulted, embarrassed left right and center but women can get away with a simple warning.
-Ankit Malik, Sales Manager, Zomato
16. The one reason why I’ve ever wished to be a woman is the ability to have children of my own without needing a surrogate. A woman just needs a sperm donor but a man needs both an egg donor and a surrogate, who of course can’t be the same person. Not an option to those who don’t have deep pockets! Not to mention. the kind of biological connection that only a mother can have with her child.
-Chetan Anthony Noronha