- Body Hair- It’s Morning & you want to dress up? Damn! You decided to wear sleeveless but didn’t shave? Go back to wearing a full sleeves shirt!!
- Fart or Burp in Public- Well, Etiquettes. Women should not show any natural signs of being a human and hence, we cannot fart or burp in public.
- Raising a Child- Men do not often consider themselves to be a part of the tedious process of Child rearing and women tend to end up doing it ALL alone. Women who work outside the home face the double burden of raising their child and working in the offices.
- Dressing Appropriately- Women are judged for the kind of clothes they wear. If you wear western, you are deemed as outgoing and sometimes sluty and if you end up wearing Salwar kameez or anything traditional you will end up being called a behenji. It is impossible to run away from these stereotypes. Nothing is appropriate for the society.
- Discrimination based on sex- We face discrimination for being a woman in every sphere of life. No matter where we go it follows us like a shadow.
- All powerful everyday- Women are not expected to feel tired ever. They are required to be on their toes 24*7, which is practically impossible but well we aren’t humans right?
- Underestimating the Period Pain- We are expected to work even during the excruciating pain during our periods. Some of us have unbearable pain and nausea but we have to suck it up and work because it is not considered very serious or important enough to rest.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: This article is written by Manjulika Chellappan, our intern.