Oh.. it’s a baby.. it’s a baby…. I am going to become a mother.
Every woman craves earnestly to hear such words in her lifetime. Her whole family is rejoiced to hear this news. But the woman watching her belly with that sweet smile on her face knows that IT’S NOT JUST A BABY, IT’S A MIRACLE…..INDEED, A BEAUTIFUL MIRACLE. Really, women are so lucky that they have the greatest responsibility on this earth to make a human being. It starts from the early signs of the pregnancy like cramping and ends in two small feet, small hands and a cute chubby face. It marks the turning point in every woman’s life. In medical terms, it is an evolutionary process of an embryo or foetus in a woman’s uterus. But in motherly terms, it is the evolution of both the woman and the child. It is not only the baby but also a woman who is going to take birth. She is one of those lucky women who take rebirth as a mother. She bears the pain and nurtures her baby every single minute. We cannot compare God with anyone but if God is present anywhere on this earth, it’s in the form of a MOTHER.
A woman’s life starts with unending compromises. From pain of the periods to the pain of the delivery – the woman bears it all without complaining. Maybe a woman is destined to live that way only. But if there was no VIRGIN MARY, there would have been no JESUS. There is no life without woman. Every single minute life glows inside the womb of a woman. A mere thought of having a baby inside her makes her feel eternally blessed. It’s not just the time when she bears the physical pain but it’s the beginning of certain types of psychological changes too; psychological changes according to trimesters.Here are the three trimesters-
- FIRST TRIMESTER : Everyone expects a pregnant woman are cheerful but the truth is that it’s the stage when she starts experiencing the psychological trauma.
- Changes in the body image, changes in the hormones, cultural pressures make a blend of dreamy expectations which makes the pregnancy unique.
- An unexpected pregnancy can have mixed reactions.
- It’s a hello to the hormones. Hormonal bath is beneficial for the baby no matter how harder it is for the woman.
- Nausea and Vomitting are at it’s peak which can decrease the enthusiasm for pregnancy.
- Sudden emotional swings are common. It depends upon the kind of hormonal changes occurring in the body as well as the adaptability structure of the body.
- There are 20% chances of miscarriage too.
Pregnancy is different for everyone. It’s like a roller-coaster ride which passes through many ups and downs but finally drops you at your destination.
- SECOND TRIMESTER : It’s the phase of pregnancy when the mother starts taking pleasure when her baby kicks for the first time.
- The expectant mother is finally relieved by the fear of miscarriage.
- Body continues to change.
- There is more dependency on the partner.
- Lubrication in vagina and blood flow to the pelvic region increases.
- THIRD TRIMESTER : It’s the phase when baby baby begins to take an identity of it’s own.
- The expectant mother prepares physically and mentally for the delivery.
- Decisions should be made according to the needs.
- First time mothers become impatient because they don’t know when the labor pain will start.
PREGNANCY IS A GIFT BY THE GOD. IT’S A MOMENT WHICH A WOMAN WILL CHERISH FOREVER. HANG ON. TAKE A DEEP BREATH. YOUR RIDE IS OVER. YOUR NEW JOURNEY AWAITS YOU.
WELCOME TO THE BLESSED STATE OF MOTHERHOOD…!!!!
About the Author: The article has been contributed by our intern, Vandana Chawla.